5 care tips for brand new shoes
People say that eyes are the window to one’s soul, but did you know that your shoes could also be the window to just about everything else that may represent you too? That pair of leather shoes; the essential of your overall ensemble, how are you taking care of it?
If you are going to spend some tidy sum of money on your leather shoes, you may just want to treat it well so that they can be your companion for a long time. So, let’s look at some basic preventive maintenance tips that may be useful for your brand new leather shoes.
- When you bought a pair of brand new leather shoes, wipe them down with a soft cloth or even better, a polishing brush. You may also wipe it down with a slightly warm damp cloth to allow the pores to open to prepare it for better absorption of treatment.
- Leather shoes, just like any other things that are leather, need to maintain its suppleness to prevent it from drying out and become cracked. So, apply it with a good leather shoe conditioner such as a renovator.
- Check with your seller if your brand new leather shoes have had any protection layer on it. Polish the new leather shoes if they haven’t been given the necessary treatment. Doing this will mean you give it a good protective coating as well as making it look nice.
- You can polish a pair of leather shoes either with a shoe cream or shoe wax. A shoe cream adds moistures and also makes colour looking richer. Using shoe wax will help restore colour or to recover minor scuffs. It also has the effect to seal and protect leather (but that doesn’t mean you should put your shoes straight into a pile of water along the streets!).
- If you want your shoes to last, remember to polish them regularly, more so if they are caught wet or often dirty. But remember that using too much shoe wax can build up and dry out your leather shoes too.
So, those are the basic things that may be useful when you brought that gorgeous pair of leather shoes home. Watch this space for more tips to come!